Sunday, April 11, 2010

Have I said before how much I love my sunday school class?

Because I really do. The kids are all great. They seem to really be listening to what I have to teach and they have beautiful insight as well. Today we talked about Moses and the exodus out of Egypt. What stuck out to me was the goodness of our Father in Heaven. When he promises something he always delivers. Do I remember this? Do I strive to do His will even when I can not seen the outcome? Sometimes I complain about the "hardships" I face. I forget to recognize that He knows all things and that He has my best interest in mind. When I do remember this I am always given peace of mind and comfort. Just like with my knee problems, I have been at ease since I made the choice to post-pone my marathon. I have been given ideas of how to continue and move forward.

I have seen this many times when it comes to my children. He gives me answers and guidance I could not have come up with on my own. But this only happens when I remember to come unto him. At one point in Exodus Moses is frustrated and can not see the Lords plan. But what impressed me was that instead of complaining or turning on God he went to Him with his concern. He sought the Lords council then moved forward. I guess that was what was so awesome. Mose moved forward in the direction he was told even though prior to this he was frustrated and concerned. I want to be more like that.

My favorite part of the lesson was the beautiful symbolism found in the passover. To find likeness unto the Savior and their reminder every year to quickly and eagerly follow after the Lord and His ways. To relinquish ones self of sin and the bondage we can create when we don't allow the Atonement to take place within us. To daily come unto the Bread of Life. I just feel so blessed to be able to grow in this calling. To be stretch and strengthened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers